Monday, April 6, 2009

February/March

Blogging takes time that I just don't have! My original plan was to blog about a whole month until I caught up to date and then I would try to blog 2 or 3 times a week on a regular basis. Well if you didn't know, new moms-especially working ones- have NO time to do unnecessary things. SOOOO I'll fill in the gaps...Mia is now 4 months old and still a huge joy in our life, even though she does not sleep through the night. She survived RSV and her first scary trip to the hospital with x-rays and lab work. Did I mention that Kelsey was in Mexico when all of this went down? Anyhow, she also had her first irritating ear infection and I got to give her loads of medicine and breathing treatments :) Fun times for everyone. I took her last week for her 4 month appointment and she is all better. She weighed in at 13.9 pounds and 25 1/2 inches. I could have sworn she was at least 15 pounds. The week before spring break and the week of spring break I got to stay home with her and I enjoyed it more than my maternity leave. Mainly because it was a lot of down time and her personality had really come out. She started smiling and making cute noises. Plus, once school started it has all been a whirlwind of activity. I have never felt so busy in all my life. I start thinking, what can I get done in five minutes while she is content in her swing? Having routines has always helped me. I am a total routine person and Kelsey is so far from routine. I thought I had Mia on a schedule for a little while, but no. She is currently showing her dad's personality. Every day has to be just a little different from the last. Her sleep schedule for example, the only thing I can predict is that I will be up for a feeding at least twice a night. She decides the random hours though. Speaking of nighttime feedings, Kelsey joined in on the fun last week (yes, after 4 months of doing it alone) and is learning how lack of sleep can really turn a nice person into a crazy one. I'm just gad we are both crazy now. I tried explaining to a man I teach with, who is expecting this summer, that my entire eye sockets feel bruised from lack of stress and my hair is falling out in unbelievable amounts. Somehow, he is still excited. Ahhh just kidding, babies make it all worth it. Plus, sleep is for losers.

No comments: