Friday, August 21, 2009

FIRE!


So I am putting Mia to sleep and I hear Jerry tell Pam that he smells something burning. She offers immediately to call the fire department or 911. I have just about got this baby to sleep and I am not worried so much about a fire as I am Mia going down for the night. After slowly and carefully transferring Mia from the rocker to her crib, I dash out to see what was going on. Sure enough, there was a fire in my bathroom! The smell was horrible. First thing Pam said when I saw her was, "Jerry took care of it." My heat lamp had a short inside the box and some how caused a large flame. Jerry threw water on it and put it out. No real harm done. Just scary because you never really think about a fire in your own home. Kelsey was out with his flight instructor and from Mia's room you could not smell the fire so I am so thankful Pam and Jerry happened to be with me. We had to sleep with the windows open that night to get the awful smell out and we will be buying a new heat light unit to replace the one that went up in flames.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How frightening! So glad you all are okay and yes, it was so good that Jerry and Pam were with you! I can´t even imagine what would have happened if they hadn´t been there!!!!
That calls for immediate prayer of thanks!
XO,